A German in Southern France
Name and Surname: Sabine Schuster
SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY
- Which is the form of government ruling in your country?
- Do you believe corruption exists in your country? How much do you think it influences political life and your private life?
Yes I think it exists in political life but for me it is not visible and it doesn’t influence my private life.
- Which is your national language? Do dialects exist in your country? If they do, are they used/known by young people?
My mother language is German.
Yes, dialects exist in my country. They are also used by young people but often they’re considered old-fashioned. Today dialects are not used by young people as much as they were used many years ago.
- Who do you believe to be the cultural icon of your country?
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
WHAT ABOUT EUROPE?
- Do you consider yourself European?
Yes, I do.
- Are you able to name a person that you consider symbolic for European culture?
Leonardo da Vinci.
Da Vinci’s statue in Florence, Galleria degli Uffizi
Leonardo da Vinci, German, Germany, Provence, danube, passau, featured, France, Erasmus, International, Goethe