A Hungarian in Southern France
Name and Surname: Veronika Viranyi
SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY
Which is the form of government ruling in your country?
Republic (they say…)
Do you believe corruption exists in your country? How much do you think it influences political life and your private life?
Absolutely. That’s the only thing that actually exists under the name of politics. My private life is not bothered by it, but my family feels the disadvantages of this incorrect attitude.
Which is your national language? Do dialects exist in your country? If they do, are they used/known by young people?
Hungarian. Dialects do exist, but there are not many variations. Usually their use depend on where people come from, especially from the country or the villages. But when someone moves to the capital or to other big cities gives it up most of the time. I notice it myself, when I go home to my family, after a couple of days I switch back to my dialect, but there are not too many noticeable differences.
Who do you believe to be the cultural icon of your country?
If I can name only one is Liszt Ferenc, but I have to name more like Kodaly Zoltan Bartok Bela, Jozsef Attila, Ady Endre, Radnoti Miklos, Marai Sandor (but there are more internationally unknown composers, and poets who would be worth to mention).
WHAT ABOUT EUROPE?
Do you consider yourself European?
I’m from Europe, so I am European. I didn’t have the possibility to compare myself to other cultures yet.
Are you able to name a person that you consider symbolic for European culture?
I think that all the most important artists, all those personalities that we consider to be icons of the world of art, are representative of Europe, as you can perceive the influence of Europe in their work. That’s why I’m not able to name only one person.
- I luoghi della cultura a Nizza // pubblicato in: Viaggi
- A Hungarian in Southern France // pubblicato in: Internazionale
- A German in Southern France // pubblicato in: Internazionale
- A Moroccan in Southern France // pubblicato in: Internazionale
- A Finnish in Southern France // pubblicato in: Internazionale
- Barcellona: una rumba tra le feste, la cultura e l'indipe... // pubblicato in: Viaggi
- A Mexican in Southern France // pubblicato in: Internazionale
- France // pubblicato in: Internazionale
- Francia // pubblicato in: Internazionale
- Restes: Marseille // pubblicato in: Fotoreportage
Vedi tutti gli articoli →