Pequod meets Aegee: Germany VS Italy
Last Thursday at APErasmus Pequod started its collaboration with Aegee Bergamo. Taking part to Aegee Erasmus events, Pequod will interview Erasmus students, every week from a different country, who are now living and studying in Bergamo, Italy. We’ll ask our questions to more than one person, so it’ll be interesting to compare the answers… Here’s the first “Pequod meets Aegee” publication, enjoy!
1. What’s your name? How old are you? Where do you study? What do you study?
– Hanne, 21, Heilbronn, IT and Economics
– Miriam, 23, Mülheim an der Ruhr, Building Engeneering
2. Describe your country in three words (or phrases, or ideas, or places, or people…).
Hanne: punctuality, ‘sauerkraut’, not too emotional.
Miriam: good workers, ‘Ruhrpott’ – the biggest urban agglomeration in Germany, friendly and nice people (challenging the stereotyps).
3. Why did you choose Italy? Use one word to describe what Italy represents for you.
Hanne: I chose Italy because I like its way of living. Also, Italian language to me sounds like a melody! For me Italy is LA DOLCE VITA.
Miriam: I chose Italy because Italian culture is not too far from German culture and because it’s a very nice place to visit. If I were to describe Italy in one expression, I’d say GOOD FOOD.
4. First three things that come up to your mind when you think about Europe. Do you consider yourself European?
Hanne: mobility, freedom, different people but together. Yes, I do consider myself European.
Miriam: community, freedom, a place of travel and living. Yes, I’m a European.
5. Say something about Erasmus.
Hanne: party, nice people.
Miriam: fun, many people to meet, good connection.
6. Germany, Italy, Europe: similarities and differences.
Hanne: Germans are less emotional than Italians. In Italy everything is closer. Italian mentality is different: they consider family the most important thing, they’re very close to their relatives.
Miriam: Germany, Italy, Europe – different lifestyles but one community.
featured, Erasmus, Europe, Germany, aegee, aperasmus, dolcevita, heilbronn, italy, mammoni, mulheim an der ruhr, ruhrpott, sauerkraut
Pequod meets Aegee: Spain VS Italy | Pequod Rivista
[…] Last week we interviewed two German girls and tried to find out what they think about Italy and Europe. This week we’ll do the same with a Spanish girl, who as well is spending her Erasmus in Italy. We usually think that Italian and Spanish people are similar, because of the fact that we’re both Latin peoples… Let’s find out what she thinks… […]