#EasyRead Your mental wellbeing during COVID-19
The spread of the virus has thrown off our routines, separated us from friends and family and forced us to stay at home. It has heightened our anxieties, increased our awareness of death and made many of us feel lonely.
Whether you are ill, worried about others, or simply bored of being at home, it is normal to feel out of sorts. Fortunately there are effective ways for you to take care of your mental wellbeing during the quarantine.
Private and voluntary organisations have created beneficial resources to help us stay well, here we have collected some of the main ones available in English:
- The mental health charity Mind has produced resources on coronavirus and your wellbeing available to everyone;
- The Headspace meditation platform is offering free meditation recordings to everyone, and has made Headspace plus available for free to healthcare professionals;
- Mental Health at Work has information on supporting yourself and others at work;
- The Anna Freud Centre has resources on supporting children, while NSPCC has produced advice for parents and carers;
- Rethink Mental Health has a wide range of information for those experiencing severe mental health problems and for those looking after someone else;
- Mencap provides a free online support community for people with learning disabilities, autism and Down Syndrome called Health Unlocked.
Cover Image: 3D Animation Production Company